If you have a thirteen-year-old boy in your life, finding the perfect gift ideas for holidays or birthdays can prove challenging. In our research, we have taken polls of parents who have chosen amazing and loved gifts for the teens in their lives. From their suggestions, and from our own research and ideas, we have selected what we have found to be the best gifts for a 13-year-old boy.
Here we share a list of cool gifts that your thirteen-year-old boy will love to open no matter the occasion. Whether your teen boy is interested in sports, group games, shooting, music, technology, or architecture, there will certainly be something on our list that will delight your pre-teen or teen boy.
|The Top 6 Gifts for 13 Year Old Boys||Why It's Best||Rating|
|Altair Power Pro XL||Fast - 30mph, long-lasting 30min of drivetime, durable, climb anything, remote control truck.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|ArmoGear Infrared Laser Tag Blasters and Vests||Boys love being able to play laser tag anytime they want.||♥♥♥♥♥|
|Altair Aerial Altair 818 Hornet Beginner Drone||Another Anti-Screen Time Choice, Easy-to-learn; takes great pictures||♥♥♥♥♥|
|RIMABLE Complete 22 Inches Skateboard||Cool Designs; Perfect Size; Durable||♥♥♥♥♥|
|The Dangerous Book for Boys||Useful Skills; Best Book for Teen Boys||♥♥♥♥♥|
|KanJam Original Disc Throwing Game||Active Fun; Portable; Can Play With Adults and Friends||♥♥♥♥♥|
The Best Gifts for 13-Year-Old Boys
Altair Power Pro XL
Any given boy has probably had an RC car or two by this point in his life. But he’s never had an RC truck like this. The Altair RC Truck goes seriously fast – we’re talking up to 30 mph! For any kid interested in cars and speed, this is sure to please. Use the two speed settings to control the all-terrain tires on the independent, spring suspension. Don’t worry about having to recharge the battery pack so soon because the Power Pro XL offers 30 minutes of continuous drive time!
The metal body looks cool, but it also means that the chassis and bearings won’t wear out quickly. This 4×4 will do jumps, flips, and go over just about any surface like a beast. It’s a hobby-grade RC, so this truck will maintain your son’s interest much longer than lower-end options. This toy for 13-year-olds is a great way to teach your teen some quick reflexes!
ArmoGear Infrared Laser Tag Guns and Vests
To get friends together to go play laser tag can be great fun for teens. This authentic laser tag game set brings the game home. The advanced ArmoGear laser tag gun set can easily turn your home or backyard into a laser tag arena for four teams. This laser tag set comes with real target vests, invisible mode, night vision flashlight, and voice-guided directions. Your teen can choose powers between pistol, shotgun, rocket, or machine gun.
Whether your teen has friends over or the whole family joins in, this best gift for 13-year-old boys will certainly provide hours of active fun. Your teen’s imagination can go wild as they create indoor or outdoor fun. This could be a great birthday party real action activity. These laser tag guns are safe, top-quality, and durable. Also, a full money-back guarantee covers this best toy for 13-year-old boys. Keep in mind that the set of four guns and vests requires a total of twenty-four AAA batteries that are not included in your purchase.
We collected a list of the best laser tag toys here.
Altair 818 Hornet Drone
The major appeal of the Altair 818 Hornet Drone is that it is perfect for everyone from beginners to photographers. In addition to having simple operation, it has a 120-degree wide-angle 720p HD camera that allows you to take aerial photos and videos. The buttons might take a little getting used to, but it is easy enough to learn with the included instruction manual. The drone also works with your smartphone to take photos. The photos are of good quality, but it is not the highest resolution camera offered.
Whether the young man in your life is a drone enthusiast, budding photographer, or a combination of the two, they’ll appreciate all the features of this drone. The drone has a stable design that allows for clear photos and easy takeoff and landing. Additionally, the Altitude Hold feature lets you easily maintain a steady height while in the air. The 818 Hornet Drone comes with two battery packs, each of them with a battery life of around 10-15 minutes of play, for up to 30 minutes of interrupted fun. For more fun, you can buy extra batteries at an affordable price.
This gift for 13-year-old boys does cost a little more than those drones in the toy range, however, it comes with great features for the value. In addition to those mentioned above, there is an emergency landing function that helps prevent crashes when you lose control. For those unfortunate times when the drone does crash, spare motors and blades are included. The customer service is also great.
RIMABLE 22 inch skateboard
Back in my day, Tony Hawk made skateboarding look so easy that everyone wanted to try it. While his fame has waned, the fun of skateboarding hasn’t. This RIMABLE 22 inch skateboard is perfect for going down the street in style. Whether they cruise to school or ride it to a friend’s house, this 22 inch board will get them where they need to go and keep them active.
- Cruiser style is easy to ride
- Sturdy 3 inch trucks and smooth PU wheels hold up to 198 pounds
- Comes in cool galaxy designs, solid colors, or fun prints
- Affordable price won’t leave you angry if it gets broken!
- Penny skateboard isn’t the best for learning tricks
- You’ll have to invest in better bearings to make the board go faster and smoother for a bigger rider
See our reviews of the best skateboards for kids here.
The Dangerous Book for Boys
This book … I actually can’t say enough good things about The Dangerous Book for Boys. I got our own copy down from the bookcase and flipped through it myself and it’s truly amazing the number of activities and amount of information that’s packed into this thing! This is a book that boys can read for themselves and try activities solo or (better yet) do with Dad, Grandpa or whoever else wants to try super cool stuff.
It has everything in it from how to build a treehouse, tie basic knots and make a go-cart to learning about cloud formations, the fifty states and (gulp!) GIRLS. I’m a big believer in limiting screen time, getting kids outside and encouraging their creative juices to flow and this book absolutely fits the bill. The reviews were fantastic, plus, at this price, it is just about the most affordable gift on this entire list … booyah!
Boys that aren’t really into reading may have the equivalent reaction of Ralphie and Randy in A Christmas Story when they open their socks … “Meh.” It just might not be edgy enough for today’s 13-year-old boy … some teens could potentially get bored if they’re used to playing a video game all day. To make this best gift for 13-year-old boys even more appealing, I highly suggest reading page one, which has a list of 11 items (including basics like a compass, a small flashlight, fishhooks, etc.), considered essential gear.
Kan-Jam Ultimate Disc Game
Kan-Jam is where Cornhole and Ultimate Frisbee had a child, essentially. Tailgating, birthdays, cookouts … there isn’t a bad time to play.
- Durable, yet lightweight, and easy to transport.
- Easy to learn.
- Affordable and also comes in USA Edition and Glow-in-the-Dark Edition.
- The only negative reviews were about the lights malfunctioning in the Glow-in-the-Dark version, so most customers recommended going with the original or USA Edition.
Snap Circuits Pro SC-500 Electronics Exploration Kit
The Snap Circuits Pro Kit is a gift that you can feel good about giving. Not only will any teen love this award-winning toy, but they’ll learn a whole lot about STEAM/STEM, too. This gift for a thirteen-year-old boy will not disappoint.
Don’t worry about soldering or tools, as the circuits for this electronics kit all snap into place. This kit can build over 511 projects, including an FM radio, AC generator, screaming fan, voice recorder, and other projects. The builds get harder as you work your way through the manual, so your teen will learn and get better the more projects they do.
Giantex 360 Degree Swivel Gaming Chair
The Giantex 360 Degree Swivel Gaming Chair can help add some intensity to any game that your teen is playing. Not only is this banana-style chair super comfortable for those marathon Xbox or PS4 sessions, but it folds up and out of the way when you don’t need it for gaming.
When they finally decide to put down the controller and pick up a remote instead, they can still use the chair for reading or relaxing. The chair reclines in four different stages for added comfort. Choose from three different colors too for this padded cozy chair.
This chair is thickly padded and covered in a breathable mesh material. It’s oversized for more space to sprawl, and it swivels for tons of versatility. This is the best gaming chair for teens because it works for so much more than gaming!
Profect Sports Pro Agility Ladder and Cones
This ultimate agility training set just might be the perfect gift idea for your teen athlete. It includes a fifteen-foot agility speed ladder, four metal ground anchors, twelve disc cones, one equipment bag. You will also receive access to two bonus ebooks called, Speed and Agility Ladder and Cone Drills. This set is durable and built to last.
Your teen can grow in speed, strength, fitness, endurance, and footwork. Whether your thirteen-year-old boy enjoys soccer, basketball, track, hockey, tennis, baseball, or football, this athletic set is a great gift! Plus, your purchase is backed by a one hundred percent money-back guarantee. Whether for active training for your young athlete or for active fun as a family, this could be the best gift for your teenage boy.
Nintendo has been around as a company since the 1800s, with their first game console coming out in 1980. Fast forward to 2021 and the company is still hugely relevant, their latest success being the Nintendo Switch. I’ve always preferred Nintendo systems to others, mostly because I love the innocent fun of Mario games and the way those games retain their value for years to come.
- Immense versatility of play: on your TV or tablet computer (with different configurations of the controllers), separate as its own handheld device or wireless against other players across the world.
- Family-friendly favorites are back, such as new Mario Kart, Super Mario and Zelda games.
- Portable … this can be played in the car on a road trip, in a hotel, at home or anywhere else as long as you’re charged and ready to go!
- This is the most expensive gift idea on the list and it’s a huge investment, maybe better as a family gift instead of for an individual.
- Unlike with earlier consoles, there are NO games included with the Switch and with games at $50 or more a pop (and each additional Joy-Con adding to the price), this is an additional hefty investment.
LEGO Architecture New York City 21028 Skyline Collection
By the time your child turns into a teenager, he has probably already found a love for building and creating with Legos. This particular architectural building Lego set is a favorite at our house because it is New York City! The set is an incredibly detailed version of the New York City Skyline plus the Statue of Liberty. It includes a total of five hundred and ninety-eight pieces that are all compatible with all LEGO construction sets.
Your thirteen-year-old will learn the different features of many famous buildings including the triangle-shaped building called the Flatiron Building, the Chrysler Building, the new One World Trade Center, and the most famous, the Empire State Building.
An included collective book provides additional information about the architecture, history, and design of each building in the Manhattan skyline. The New York City Skyline measures ten inches high, nine inches wide, and one inch deep. This best gift for 13-year-olds will surely give your teen boy a great deal of fun and develop his imagination all while exposing him to one of the best cities in the world.
Estes Tandem-X Flying Model Rocket Launch Set
Have any of y’all watched October Sky? Rockets and space are just flat-out cool and to be able to build and launch your own is pretty amazing. My husband grew up launching model rockets and has gotten our oldest son interested, so the Estes Tandem-X Flying Model Rocket Launch Set was his top recommendation.
- You get to build, use and re-use your rocket and launch set over and over again.
- You can try out different engines to experiment reaching different heights.
- Engines, starters, recovery wadding, model/super glue and 4 AA batteries are all sold separately, which increases the cost (I’m including the links to recommended engines and wadding).
CROSSNET Four Square Volleyball Net
The 9-square in the air games is super popular with youth, and really, everyone else. The CROSSNET Four Square Volleyball set is another version of the same game, except with four players your son, and the whole family, will find many more occasions to play.
The nets are adjustable from 7 ft which is good for kids, 7 ft 4 in – the typical women’s volleyball height setting, and 7 ft 11 in which is the standard men’s volleyball net height.
The set includes:
- boundary lines
- rule book
- ground ties
- backpack for carrying
Get more info at Crossnetgame.com.
Black Ops 1911 Airsoft Guns Ready to Play Kit
This Black Ops Airsoft kit is the best gift option for a thirteen-year-old boy who is interested in growing in target shooting. Adult supervision is definitely required. The airgun is easy to use and the kit comes with two airsoft pistols, a twelve-inch sticky target, and two packages totaling 800 airsoft bbs.
The sticky target is helpful as it catches the included bb’s so that they can be reused for target practice again and again. These pistols are spring powered and the magazine clip holds twelve airsoft bbs. An included instruction book offers six different games for target practice. This product set cannot be shipped to the state of New York. Be sure that your mature teen enjoys this gift alongside a responsible adult. Different types of protective gear are also required for safe use.
Settlers of Catan
Let’s forget digital gaming and get down to some old-school roots with a board game, Game of the Century winner, Catan.
- No two games are ever the same and you have the option to buy expansion packs to make the world of Catan bigger.
- Made for three to four players, but along the same lines as expanding Catan itself, you can expand your game to accommodate up to six players.
- Easy to learn and encourages strategic thinking … great for a teen who loves puzzles.
- If you really get into this game, it can end up being a huge investment to expand it … I counted up all the packs and you could spend an additional $200 if you buy everything.
- You need to settle in for a while to play … most reviews claim it takes a minimum of an hour or two to play.
Blank Comic Book For Kids : Create Your Own Comics
Some teens like to draw and some LOVE to draw … with the Blank Comic Book For Kids : Create Your Own Comics, he can not only create a comic, but get it professionally printed!
- Comes with ready-to-use pages, pencil and artist eraser, outline pen, markers, a guidebook on how to start and create your own comic book and a postage-paid envelope with instructions to send in the finished comic for publication. (Note: You also have the option to create the comic online.)
- Reasonably affordable.
- Conflicting reviews on whether or not the option for publication expires (predominantly positive that there is NO expiration for sending in the completed work).
- Some parents felt the guidebook directions were confusing, but the reviews didn’t state the age of their child.
Akai Professional MPK MKII Drum Pad & Keyboard Controller
What the heck is a MIDI? you ask. Well, it’s a Musical Instrument Digital Interface and it’s considered music’s most powerful tool, capable of editing existing music and changing up tempo, pitch, etc. So if you have a teen who wants to create his own beats and mix his own music, I would recommend the Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII | 25-Key USB MIDI Drum Pad & Keyboard Controller.
- It’s portable and could easily fit in a laptop bag with your computer, which is important because you need the computer to create your music.
- As a great beginner MIDI, it’s reasonably affordable.
- The most common complaint was the difficulty of software installation and device registration.
- A lot of users also strongly cautioned future buyers that there is a learning curve, but once mastered, the device is easy to use.
- MUST be used with a computer (where you keep music files) … this is how the music and beats are mixed.
Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth speaker
This Bose Bluetooth speaker will be a hit with your teen boy who loves music, movies, or gaming! Many times phones, tablets, and computers lack the crisp sound and volume desired by your teen. It is a rugged waterproof speaker that is great for indoor or outdoor use. It is durable, portable, and great for the beach, camping, or at home use.
You can choose a speaker that is either black, midnight blue, or bright orange depending on your teen’s preference. It has up to six hours of battery life with active use and the battery is easily rechargeable. Your teenage guy can even make or take calls out loud with their smartphone. At the time of your purchase, you can choose to buy the case, car charger, or wall charger. In fact, you might even be tempted to use this speaker for yourself!
Monopoly: Fortnite Edition
At 13, boys are really, really good at competing with each other. Channel that competitive spirit into everyone’s favorite game to win: Monopoly. This timeless game has gotten a new teen twist with the Monopoly: Fortnite Edition. All the newest characters are present for a grand total of 27 character choices, so each person can play as their favorite from the game.
Not only do you have to claim certain locations to win, but you have to survive the Storm and be the last one to survive. Instead of Monopoly money, health point chips are earned and collected. Finally, use the loot chest and action die to battle it out.
This game for teens is perfect in that it’s close enough to the original to play easily, but it has new twists that keep it fun and exciting. It’s perfect for hours and hours of play.
Digital Waterproof Sports Watch with LED Screen
Every boy needs a watch (I know my husband feels naked without one) and with as active as most 13 year-old boys are these days, they need something to last, which I why I picked this Digital Waterproof Sports Watch with LED Screen.
- Durable, shock-resistant and easy-to-read digital face with LED backlight (also includes stopwatch feature).
- Waterproof at up to 164 ft (50 m).
- The most affordable gift on this list.
- Of the few negative reviews I read, a few claimed the watch broke in the same spot repeatedly, even after being sent a replacement. Another complained that with daily wear, the face gets scratched easily
We researched all the best watches for kids here.
Gyroor Warrior Hoverboard
Until he can get a car, a hoverboard will just have to do. But the Gyroor Warrior is not just any old hoverboard. This model has 8.5-inch off-road wheels, a built-in Bluetooth speaker, LED lights, and a 9.95 mph max speed.
- Sturdy design is water-resistant and can hold up to 265 pounds.
- Just 2 hours to charge and will go up to 9 miles on a single charge.
- Solid rubber tires can handle all terrains and will even climb a 30-degree uphill angle.
- App includes parent controls to keep crazy teens from hurting themselves.
- Some items have defective parts, like battery or controls.
- heavier than many other hoverboards.
See all the best hoverboards for kids and teens.
Wireless Over-Ear Headset
Most every teen loves anything to do with technology. These high-quality headphones are not your average headphones. They offer noise reduction for clear listening quality and a mic for hands-free calling. Your teen can choose to use Bluetooth to connect these headphones or he can choose to use the wired audio line.
These unique headphones have seamless switching, which he might want for switching between music and movies or games. Not to mention the built-in phone control. Your teen will appreciate that this best gift for 13-year-old boys is lightweight, compact, and foldable for easy transport. You can recharge the battery for four to six hours of active use. To achieve a full battery charge, you will need to charge the headphones for around two to three hours.
These headphones are great for traveling and are compatible with almost all Bluetooth devices. As the gift giver, you can rest easy with the three-month money-back guarantee in addition to the twelve-month warranty. They are also very reasonably priced. These headphones are made with a comfortable, stretchable ear band to be sure that it will not fall off from being too loose or hurt your head or ears from being too tight.
This is a great buy for your thirteen-year-old boy!
Fender FA-115 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Is your teen interested in learning an instrument? The Fender FA-115 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar could be the way to go to encourage both loving AND making music.
- Bundle comes with everything needed to learn how to play, including a digital tuner, picks, strap, bag and an instructional DVD.
- Fender is a trusted brand when it comes to guitars, for the entire set, you get a nice beginner guitar set without investing a ton of money.
- The price can be a pro OR a con … it is still high.
- Not intended for a left-hand oriented player.
- If your teen runs on the small side, this guitar could be a skosh big.
Wireless Charging Station
By thirteen, most kids have amassed a phone, headphones, or a watch that all need charging. If he has more than one Apple or Samsung device that needs charging each night, the Wireless Charging Station is perfect. This 3-in-1 charger has a spot for a phone, watch, and Airpods. You can use it horizontally or vertically, and it works through most non-metal cases.
- Included QC fast charging adapter.
- Safety features like cooling holes with temperature control, silicone padding, short circuit protection, and V3 chip identification.
- Compatible with any phone that uses wireless charging, plus Apple Watch and Apple Airpods; charges all 3 at once!
- Pop sockets or grip rings on the back of a phone get in the way.
- Some users complained the AirPod port was spotty.
Acer Chromebook Spin
The teen boy in your life probably has a tablet but wants a laptop. Or maybe vice-versa. The Acer Chromebook Spin offers the best of both worlds! It has the versatility of a tablet with the full function of a laptop. It’s perfect for distance learning, watching movies, gaming, and lots of things in between.
- Capabilities include: Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Chrome, watching videos and movies, listening to music, playing games and using Android apps (such as Netflix and Facebook, among others).
- Comes with 4GB memory and 100 GB of Google Drive space (can purchase more).
- Hinges and works in laptop mode, display mode, tent mode, and tablet mode.
- Gorilla Glass screen and 10 hours of battery life.
- Problems and technical issues are possible.
I Paused My Game to be Here T-Shirt
Makeblock mBot Ranger Robot Kit
If Legos and robotic STEM kits got together and made a super awesome baby, it would be the Makeblock mBot Ranger Robot Kit. With durable tracks, a fully programmable mainboard, ultrasonic sensors, and powerful motor, it can do a lot of things.
- Uses app-enabled graphical programming and Bluetooth connectivity to teach your child coding and robotics through 60 themed levels of a game.
- Can be made in 3 modes: nervous bird, land raider, or dashing raptor.
- Build the bot, control it with the app, and even use it with your own Legos to add to it.
- Great for beginners, but experienced robotics fans will find it too simple.
- App and mainboard can be finicky and may crash randomly.
Snack Chest Care Package
Food is the right gift for any teen boy. This Snack Chest Care Package (40 Count) has all the cookies, crackers, chips, nuts, granola bars, and candy that your teen can dream of. This 40 pack will last a week or so, so order the bigger Snack Chest Awesome Chest if you want more items!
- Wide variety of sweet and salty snacks
- Comes in a box, ready to wrap and give (or just have it delivered!)
- Saves you the hassle of picking and purchasing snacks for your starving teen
- You don’t always get the snacks in the picture
- Not the healthiest food option
13-year-old boys often can’t be bothered to put on something that’s uncomfortable. He may as well look put-together in his cozy clothes, and that’s where the Nike NSW Club Hoodie comes in. The black and navy versions are simple and sharp, while the pink and aqua versions are a bit more fashion-forward. In any case, when paired with some nice joggers and fresh sneakers, he’ll look just fine!
- Stylish name brand that he’ll love.
- Kangaroo pocket and ribbed hem and cuff.
- Several colors to choose from.
- Brushed fleece is soft and great for layering.
- You certainly pay more money for the big name brand.
- Men’s sizing may not fit right for a tall or thin teen.
Some gifts have a serious undertone and they fulfill a need. The CASOFU Burrito Blanket is a totally silly, off-the-wall present that will make him laugh. But then he’ll realize that it’s super cozy and he’ll use it. He’ll be all wrapped up like a burrito in no time. Oh, and in case he’s not into Mexican food, you can get the pizza version, too.
- A light and fun gift that works perfectly when the 13-year-old in question doesn’t “need” anything!
- Available in 4 sizes (47 in, 60 in, 71 in, and 80 in) to fit all shapes and sizes.
- Lots of tortilla types and even some pizza patterns.
- Soft and fleecy flannel cotton is machine washable.
- The tortilla pattern is only on one side.
- Some buyers thought it was a bit thin and low-quality.
Gifts for Similar Ages
- Best Toys and Gifts for 11-Year-Old Boys
- Best Toys and Gifts for 12-Year-Old Boys
- Best Toys and Gifts for 14-Year-Old Boys
FAQ’s for 13-Year-Old Boy Gifts
What can a 13-year-old do when bored at home?
Anything wholesome and creative/productive (not to include electronic gaming): learn a new instrument or language; experiment with cooking; create a music or entertainment video; help plan an upcoming family event; read a real book; write a real letter.
But there’s something your bored teen can do that is probably far more important: chores, for you and especially with you. Work and responsibility at home is key to our children’s healthy development; they may not thank you now, but, rest assured, they will thank you later.
Is 13 a milestone birthday?
Every birthday is a milestone. The thirteenth birthday marks your child’s transition into being an official teen.
Sixteen, for most, marks the driver’s license and increased independence. And eighteen, in most regards, makes your late teenager a legal adult.
Do something special for your young teen. Not big, necessarily, but special. To celebrate your child’s birthday is to celebrate your child.
How can I bond with my teenaged son?
Get into his world and invite him into yours. Spend scheduled time together, and keep doing it even if the first few engagements are awkward. Work together, play together (passing a ball or frisbee is good), ask questions that require thought and more than a yes/no answer.
If the relationship is already strained, you must ask your son why and, instead of defending yourself, listen and then acknowledge any mistakes. Love is spelled ITIT: INTEREST, TIME, INTEGRITY, and TRANSPARENCY.
What are the best birthday gifts for teenagers?
If you want to buy just what they want, ask them; they can usually tell you. Or, money is always welcomed, or a gift card to a favorite restaurant or store. But if you want to buy what’s best for them, I prefer a want-need, like a phone (parent-monitored), phone service upgrade, computer (parent-monitored), or leather bag for men or women (check Etsy, there are different bags and cases for different needs).
I also like to give educational/creative gifts: hobby gift card, special interest periodical, violin, band instrument or new mouthpiece, electronic drum, tongue drum, cajon box, music stand, guitar, mandolin, ukelele, synthesizer or midi keyboard/controller (ask them), Adobe Indesign or another such tool, Adobe Photoshop, language/music/art lessons, tutorial software or subscription.
I like to give activity gifts, new bicycle, skate board (with helmet and pads), box games, frisbee, outdoor games like corn hole or spike ball, or tickets to sports event, theater, or concert. Last and perhaps best, an experience with family and or friends: breakfast and hike, lunch and museum, trip to historic site, cooking/ art/ flying lesson.
How do you entertain teenaged grandchildren?
It’s very hard for today’s grandparents to entertain today’s grandchildren. Most kids already live, eat, and breathe entertainment. They’ve had a steady diet of fast-paced, high stimulation entertainment in the form of video, audio, and gaming since the day they could focus on a screen.
You can hardly hope to compete with that! Lucky for you, the purpose of grandparents is not to entertain their grandchildren. It’s to spend time with them, listen to them, and teach by example. Do together whatever it is you do: cook, work in the yard, crochet, fix the lawnmower, feed the birds. Oh, it’s fine to take them out to the zoo, lunch, the park, or a museum, but the point is to share your love and lives, not to entertain.
Final Word – Which is the Best Gift for a 13-Year-Old Boy?
Depending on who you ask (or the cultural context), 13 is either considered lucky and joyful or unlucky and a bad omen. When you’re talking about teenage boys … well, it’s kinda the same thing. While I myself have yet to experience the joys of raising teenagers (as I cross myself and send a prayer up to Jesus), my husband was once a 13-year-old boy and still has the sense of humor of one (which he willingly admits), so he was my go-to on some of my research.
At 13, all kids (boys and girls alike) are really starting to try to figure out who they are and what they like and I definitely want to keep that into consideration.
After all, not all kids are into music or sports or art. My older brother was a proud “band geek” (his words, not mine), my husband played sports, I never went anywhere without a book … you get the idea.
So there were a lot of products and it was a lot of info to take in, but my bottom line will always be this: buy to fit your teen AND your budget. You know what the best fit will be better than anyone.
Still not sure? Grab that Nintendo Switch! It definitely won’t get you a sock reaction.